Monday, September 28, 2015

It's a Two-Way Street--Comments Welcome



My total lack of sophistication when it comes to digital expression and social media cannot be understated. For example, I just got my first smart phone about two weeks ago, which has introduced untold anxiety and confusion in my life.

But about this blog. I guess when I set it up, I did it all wrong. It seems I made it almost impossible for readers to post comments. It would've provided me great joy to receive comments and spark conversations and I was wondering why I wasn't getting any after 100-plus posts. It's possible that these posts are so unbearably boring that readers are left dumbfounded afterwards. But, nah, a bunch of you seem to like them and I'm sure you have stuff to contribute--if only you could.

So I did some research and juggled the settings the other day and, shazzam! now you can comment. But still, Blogger doesn't make it easy. In order to comment, you must:
  1. Click on "No Comment" link at the end of the post (Poor choice of words IMO)
  2. A text box pops up in which you enter your pearls of wisdom
  3. Under "Comment as", click on the drop down menu and choose "Anonymous" (I don't know why! As Google.)
  4. Hit "Publish"
As a test, I urge you all to give this a shot, even if you don't have anything special to say--maybe give me a weather update in your part of the world to make sure the comment link is working. Please make me not feel like I'm baying at a cold and indifferent moon.

More Housekeeping

While we're taking care of some household items, let me remind you that if you like what you're reading here, there's more of that here in my highly rated novel that's become too much of a secret. Yes, I'm shilling for my book, but that's what you do when you're a one-man writin' and promotin' operation.




I also have this one and it's free!!! (and well worth the price.)




2 comments: