Saturday, December 20, 2014

10 Things I Hate About Listicles


  1. Listicles are a cheap way to get unworthy clicks on the Web.
  2. It takes virtually zero writing or journalistic talent to do them.
  3. They're among the worst Web time sucks outside of stupid cat videos.
  4. They're irresistible even though clickers usually end up disappointed with their content.
  5. No great ideas can be boiled DOWN to exactly 10 points.
  6. Bad ideas cannot be boiled UP to 10 good points--padding abounds!
  7. It sickens me that this sorry post will probably get the most hits ever on my blog--because it's a listicle!
  8. The word itself is offensive and dumb--sounds like a certain male body part.
  9. While people are wasting time on listicles, they could instead be reading my novel.
  10. Listicles require 10 things and I can't think of 10 things for this one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment